Personal Health Check
Taking control of your personal health can help prevent many health problems in the future.
We all know that knowledge is power, therefore taking time to monitor your health and review your lifestyle can reduce the risk of many potential health issues.
We are very happy to offer health screening to our patients in Rathangan Medical Centre.
When you have your health screening carried out in Rathangan Medical Centre you can be confident in the knowledge that all your results will be reviewed by your family GP and any treatment or follow-up required will be organised for you as part of the service.
There are many different health screening programmes available in Rathangan Medical Centre.
- Full physical medical examination by the doctor
- Personal Lifestyle Analysis and Education
- Height, Weight and Body Mass Index (BMI) profile
- Obesity screening and management
- Blood Pressure Measurement and Analysis
- 24 Hour Ambulatory Blood Pressure Measurement (ABPM)
- 12 Lead Resting Electrocardiograph (ECG)
- Total lipid profile (Total cholesterol, HDL (good fats), LDL (bad fats), Triglycerides
- Full Diabetes screen
- Thyroid Function Test
- Kidney Function Test
- Liver Function Test
- Stop Smoking Advice and Management
Discuss your health screening needs with Nurse Roisin or Nurse Mary who will help you decide what screening tests you might need. Tel: 045 528088 for an appointment.
Watch out for special Health Screen Package offers, coming soon.
Men’s Health Check
Men, it’s time to take charge of your health.
Most men need to pay more attention to their health. Compared to women, men are more likely to:
- Drink alcohol
- Make unhealthy or risky choices
- Put off regular check-ups and medical care
There are also health conditions that only affect men, such as prostate cancer and testicular cancer. Many of the major health risks that men face - like colon cancer or heart disease - can be prevented and treated with early diagnosis. Screening tests can find diseases early, when they are easier to treat. It's important to get the screening tests you need.
The good news is that you can start taking better care of your health today.
Choose to take better care of your health by:
- Having regular check-ups with your doctor, even if you feel fine
- Get health screening tests that are right for you
- Watching out for signs of health problems like diabetes, breathing problems or chest pain
- Minding your mental health, report depression or other mental health concerns
Six steps to cut your cancer risk in half
To cut your cancer risk in half and stay well, there are six steps you can take.
No matter when you start, from childhood to old age, you will begin to be healthier and reduce your cancer risk:
- Stop Smoking
- Keep a healthy weight
- Eat smarter
- Be active
- Limit alcohol
- Be safe in the sun
Book an appointment with Nurse Roisin or Nurse Mary to discuss your health screening needs. Tel: 045528088
Weight management is a long-term approach to a healthy lifestyle. It includes a balance of healthy eating and physical exercise to equate energy expenditure and energy intake.
Keeping a healthy weight is important in helping to prevent many health problems.
Being overweight or obese increases your risk of:
- Many different cancers including breast cancer and bowel cancer
- Developing Type 2 Diabetes
- Diabetes in Pregnancy
- Coronary Heart Disease
- High Blood Pressure
- Sleep Apnoea
- Reproductive Problems
There are many different weight management resources and groups available. These are excellent resources and have helped many men and women achieve their healthy weight goals.
The most common include:
- Operation Transformation
- Weight Watchers
- Slimming World
- Motivation Weight Management
Book an appointment with Nurse Roisin or Nurse Mary for a Lifestyle and Body Mass Index assessment. They will help you decide if you need to lose some weight, set realistic goals that suit your lifestyle and plan a long term weight management strategy to reduce your risk of preventable health problems.
Referral to specialist weight management clinics and specialist dieticians is also available.